iRobot Roomba i7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review; Is it worth buying?
iRobot Roomba i7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review; Is it worth buying?
Rowe19882022/01/24 16:57

When you hear robot, you think efficiency. And that's what robot vacuum cleaners bring to the table. Efficiency in your home cleaning regimen. They are engineered with state-of-the-art technology alongside a plethora of high-quality features to make your cleaning faster and easier than before. You can either get vacuuming or mopping capabilities or even both, depending on the choice of robot. But before you swipe your card, ensure you understand the type of floors you have, the depth of your pockets, the availability of replacement parts, and the features the robot has.

Table of Contents

iRobot Roomba i7 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review; Is it worth buying? 1

Review 2

2.1 Design 2

2.2 Pros & Cons 3

2.3 Accessories and Parts 4

2.4 Maintenance 4

2.5 Review 4

2.6 Price 5

The iRobot Roomba i7. To buy or not to buy? 5

The Proscenic 850T 6

Summary 7

Review

2.1 Design

Compared to its predecessors, the iRobot® Roomba® i7 packs quite a punch and brings you only the best in cleaning capabilities. It has a large capacity 1800mAh Lithium-ion battery with a runtime of up to 75 minutes, precisely cleaning 185m2 on a single full charge. And with the Patented Smart Charge and Resume feature, the robot recharges automatically when it detects that the battery level is low then picks up where it left off.

With dimensions of 9.3 cm* 34.2 cm * 34.2 cm and weighing in at only 3.4 kg, you don't have to be a bodybuilder to carry this bot. You can easily take it to different floor levels in your house without breaking a sweat.

But don't let its slight build fool you. This bot to engineered to deliver top-notch results. Compared to its predecessors, the Roomba® i7 provides 10 times the strength in suction power. At 1700Pa, you can rest assured all the pesky dirt, grime, and hair from both hard floors and carpets alike will be removed effectively. It has unique dual multi-surface rubber brushes designed to constantly contact hard floors and carpets while adjusting and flexing, leaving no speck of dust behind. And they don't get tangled on pet or human hair. In addition, the high-efficiency filter traps up to 99% of pet dander allergens and even the finest of dust, leaving your home cleaner than the Blue House. Sounds like a dream come true, in my opinion.

The Dirt Detect TM Technology allows it to automatically increase suction on areas with concentrated dirt levels like carpets and high-traffic areas of the house. The vacuum cleaner also comes with a 0.4l dust tank that stores a considerable amount of dirt; thus, you won't have to worry about constantly emptying it mid-cleaning. Furthermore, it is compatible with the Clean Base Automatic Disposal. Therefore, you can easily pair it with your bot for automatic emptying, thus giving you a hands-free cleaning experience.

The robot employs iAdapt® 3.0 Navigation with Visual Localization to map your home for an intimate cleaning experience.

The additional vSLAM® Navigation helps learn the layout of your home, map and create effective cleaning routes for a cleaner, neater home.

2.2 Pros & Cons

Pros

• Imprint Smart Mapping capability
  • Detects when the dust bin is full
  • It can save 10 different floor plans
  • Dirt Detect technology
  • Dual rubberized main brush
  • Digital assistant integration

Cons

• Expensive
  • The navigation system doesn't work well in the dark.

2.3 Accessories and Parts

• 1 Extra High-Efficiency Filter that traps pet dander allergens effectively.
  • 1 North American Line Cord
  • Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Disposal which automatically empties your Roomba® robot's bin
  • Dual Multi-Surface rubber brushes with more refined to pick up dirt efficiently
  • 1 A batteries
  • Edge-Sweeping Brush

2.4 Maintenance

Always empty the dustbin periodically, clean the washable filter, and re-attach it when dry.

You should be updated on the latest firmware to ensure your vacuum cleaner functions efficiently.

You should also gently wipe down the vacuum body and the sensors that act as the vacuum cleaner's eyes.

Always examine the multi-directional wheels to ensure no threads or hair are stuck on the axles, thus ensuring free wheel-spinning during cleaning.

The dual rubber brushes should also be cleaned periodically while dislodging anything that might be stuck on it. Ensure that the side brush is also moving freely every time.

2.5 Review

With the latest vSLAM® navigation, the iRobot® Roomba® i7 quickly learns the layout of your home. Then, it creates personal Smart Maps before expertly cleaning your house. And guess what? And with the additional Imprint® Smart Mapping, it can easily store up to 10 different maps of your home. Therefore, it is easy to allocate cleaning areas while you focus on other aspects of your life.

It has powerful suctioning capabilities of up to 1700Pa, which is ten times the powerlifting suction of its predecessors, giving high-quality results. The Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adjusts its height to ensure that the brushes always contact floors and carpets for effective cleaning. In addition, the dual multi-surface rubber brushes and the high-efficiency filter pull in debris, dirt, and pet hair from all surfaces without tangling. So, if you have long hair or fuzzy pets, the Roomba® i7 is what your home craves.

The bot has a redesigned iRobot Home App. It is compatible with Vera, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa to provide a hands-free cleaning experience tailored to your needs. cleaning is now as easy as "Roomba, clean the living room." And it supports Spot Cleaning, thus allowing you to clean messes as soon as they happen. Cat knocked over your potted plant? Simply use voice assistant or the iRobot home app to put the robot to work.

You can also assign Keep-Out zones on the app for areas and objects you don't want the robot to clean.

The Imprint Link Technology also comes in handy. It is used to team up with the Braava Jet M6 robot mop for a perfectly synchronized comprehensive clean. And at only 68db of noise level when cleaning, you can easily take a nap or watch your favorite TV show with no disruption at all.

Finally, the Dirt Detect™ Technology plays a vital role in automatically increasing suction when it detects carpets and areas with high traffic.

2.6 Price

At only $595.00, you can walk away with this gem of a robot vacuum cleaner. Shop on Amazon today.

The iRobot Roomba i7. To buy or not to buy?

The iRobot Roomba i7 can save up to 10 different floor maps with naming capabilities thus is a must-have if you have a large house. While the runtime is only 75 minutes, it makes up for it with the Patented Smart Charge and Resumes feature, thus providing tireless cleaning services.

The unique dual multi-surface, hair-resistant rubber brushes are designed to stay in constant contact with hard floors and carpets to give a thorough clean. Therefore, if you have long hair or fuzzy pets, you can rest assured all the dander will be eliminated from all surfaces.

The Roomba i7 further possesses Dirt Detect technology which automatically increases suction on carpeted areas and high traffic areas for a cleaner home.

The Proscenic 850T

While the iRobot® Roomba® i7 is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to its vacuuming prowess, it doesn't hold a candle to The Proscenic 850T robot vacuum cleaner. The Proscenic 850T is a multifunctioning robot vacuum that proffers both dry vacuuming and mopping capabilities, unlike the Roomba® i7, which only vacuums. In addition, the robot comes embedded with a 300ml electric water tank and a 500ml dustbin; thus, you can mop, dust, or both simultaneously, depending on your cleaning needs.

It possesses a large capacity 2600mAh Lithium-ion battery that gives it a runtime of 120 minutes on a single full charge compared to 75 minutes of the Roomba® i7. If you have a large house with multiple rooms, then the Proscenic 850T is clearly the robot for the job. With suctioning capabilities of up to 3000Pa and three adjustable power levels to choose from, you can rest assured all dirt, hair, and grime will be cleaned effectively.

The iRobot® Roomba® i7 employs an S-wave cleaning motion giving top-tier cleaning results. In addition, a magnetic tape boundary allows you to mark No-Go zones on the app during cleaning, which the bot avoids. It is also engineered with the latest IPANS 2.0 Intelligent cleaning system, giving real-time bot location and mapping capabilities for an intimate cleaning experience.

The Proscenic 850T is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home Assistant, and Vera; hence, you can achieve your desired results without lifting a finger. Depending on your floors' cleaning needs, you can adjust the water levels and toggle between the cleaning modes and suction power levels. You get to sit back and unwind and get a cleaning experience customized by you for you.

The added Vboost Technology automatically increases suction power when the bot detects carpets for a thorough clean-up. Therefore, you can worry less as your pet goes to town rolling on the mat as this robot vacuum cleaner has you covered.

Summary

Are you spoilt for choice? We got you. If you are looking for a top-tier vacuum cleaner that will leave your house effortlessly clean, then the iRobot® Roomba® i7 is what you are looking for. Of course, you will part with a considerable amount, but it is worth every buck. The robot is equipped with the latest hardware and technology to ensure your house remains spotless after every clean. In addition, it has an Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head that automatically adjusts its height to ensure that the brushes are always in contact with floors and carpets.

The dual multi-surface rubber brushes and the high-efficiency filter clear all debris, dirt, and pet hair from surfaces without tangling. It uses up-to-date vSLAM® navigation to learn the layout of your home, map, and create effective cleaning routes for a cleaner, neater home. The Dirt Detect TM Technology also allows it to automatically increase suction on areas with concentrated dirt levels like carpets and high-traffic areas of the house.

But if you want an allrounder for your house cleaning needs, then the Proscenic 850T is the weapon of choice. Unlike the former, this bot offers vacuuming and mopping capabilities at no extra cost. It has a large capacity 2600mAh Lithium-ion battery that gives a runtime of 120 minutes on a full charge. It further uses the IPNAS 2.0 Navigation system, Gyroscope Navigation to get real-time robot positioning and clearly maps your house for high-quality performance. In addition, the HEPA filtration system present ensures that all the dirt, including the finest of dust, is removed entirely from your home, leaving it devilishly clean. And being compatible with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, you can be a 'couch potato' all you want.

And guess what? The Proscenic 850T is cheaper than the Roomba® i7. At only $258.00, this multifunctioning robot cleaner is a must-have when you decide to give your home a clean-over.

All replies(0)
Interactive Users